These are so amazing! Pretty easy to make and very addicting! They are also called Oreo truffles or Oreo balls. With only a total of 3 ingredients, why shouldn’t you make these for the holiday’s or anytime of the year? My recipe for this makes a large batch (I make them for my husband to take to work and share with other Soldiers). For a smaller batch, just cut in half. Each batch makes about 100 1″ balls.
2 pkgs of family size cream filled cookies (i.e. Oreo’s)
(2) 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
Package of Almond Bark
1) Crush the cream filled cookies. You can do this by either placing them in a large ziplock bag and using a rolling-pin, or put them in a food processor. Once done, the cookies should be a semi fine powder.
2) Add in cream cheese until mixed well (you will probably have to use your hands for this). I usually put it in my kitchen aid mixer and let it do the hard work, but if it is being used, I use my hands and mix it all together well.
3) Take dough and form about 1″ balls and place on wax lined cookie sheet. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until firmed up.
4) Melt Almond Bark and dip each ball into melted Almond Bark (I use a fork stuck in the top, dip it and place back on wax sheet, then dribble almond bark on top where the fork was). Place each covered ball back on the waxed lined cookie sheet.
5) Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow almond bark to harden.
6) Place in air tight container and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
TIP FOR ALMOND BARK: To thin up the almond bark you can add large heaping spoonful or two of shortening while melting it. I also found it’s easier to melt on the stove top instead of the microwave. Just heat on med-low heat until melted then turn in down to low so it stays melted until you are done.