Where Will You Go from Here?: Moving Forward When Life Doesn’t Go as Planned by Valorie Burton is an inspirational, motivating book to help you get back on your feet when life throws you an unexpected curve ball and knocks you off your path. Whether it’s the loss of a job, loss of a loved one, divorce, or just the plain ole’ “my life has somehow gotten out of whack feeling”, this book will give you the motivation to get “back on the horse and into the saddle again”. I must say, I really enjoyed this book. It has definitely given me a new way to look at things when “life doesn’t go as planned”.
Valorie offers 5 commitments you should make to yourself and stick to in order to get yourself and mind back on track:
1. I will not feel sorry for myself
2. I will not stare at the closed door
3. I will dig deep to unearth all the courage I need
4. I will direct my thoughts-my thoughts will not direct me
5. I will choose to believe all things work together for the good.
I would encourage everyone to get this book, even if you feel your life is “perfect” at the moment. It’s a great book to keep handy when you need a little inspiration and motivation.
Has the unexpected knocked you off course? You lost your job to the latest round of layoffs. A relationship you thought would last forever, didn’t A health challenge is disrupting your life. Life doesn’t always go according to plan, but with the right attitude and skills, you can persevere through even the toughest situations—and emerge stronger and better than ever.
In Where Will You Go from Here? Valorie Burton helps you navigate life’s obstacles and unexpected challenges. You’ll find all the tools you need to be resilient in the face of setbacks, now and in the future, including:
· The Five Commitments that propel every successful comeback
· Step-by-step guidance for restructuring your life
· Strategies to unearth the courage you need for any situation
· In-the-heat-of-the-moment words to combat negative thinking
· Practical exercises to become better, not bitter, as a result of adversity
Packed with uplifting insights and powerful principles, this personal coaching resource offers the wisdom and encouragement you need to think differently about your circumstances and take hold of the lessons God is offering you. As you experience the “post-traumatic growth” that comes only through adversity, you’ll be equipped to unleash a stronger, more authentic you.