Here you will find some Homecoming Ideas from us and our viewers, to help you prepare for that long awaited homecoming. Do you have a homecoming idea or tip that you would like to submit? Please do so by commenting below. We will get it up ASAP.
- Make a banner using a white sheet and poster paint saying Welcome Home Daddy, Mommy, etc… If you have kids have them help you paint it. Hang it from the front of your house for the whole world to see (ok maybe not the whole world, but it won’t go unnoticed).
- Because there are often large crowds when units retrograde, it’s sometimes hard for your returning servicemember to find you in the chaos. You might try holding small flags of your servicemembers favorite sports team, your state or favorite college flag. The last retrograde, we made slogan posters of our middle Marine’s “famous” quotes, and congratulations using his childhood nickname. Also, we moms with a twisted sense of humor have been known to make posters of our sons from baby pictures or shots of them while asleep on leave. It’s a good idea not to mess with a Marine, but an even better idea not to mess with his Mom.
Tip submitted by: Lori H.
- Place small flags around your fence or walkway
- Make a welcome home poster so they can easily find you at the homecoming ceremony (see tips for phrases below).
HOMECOMING SIGN PHRASES & IDEAS
Rank/Name Report Here for Booty
I’d Wait For You For Forever, But XXX Days Is Long Enough
Welcome Home, Now Kiss Me!
I’ve waited XXX Days To Kiss My Hero
OTHER USEFUL READING
Marine Corps Return and Reunion Guide (PDF)
FTC Disclaimer About Reviews & Links: I was provided with a complimentary copy of the book or product unless otherwise stated in the review, however, the opinions I have expressed are my own. Links within the post are typically affiliate links where I may be compensated for linking to such site. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.
Latest posts by Bridget Carlson (see all)
- With All Due Respect – Book Review - September 25, 2016
- National Museum of the Pacific War | Fredericksburg Texas - September 12, 2016
- How to Secure Your WordPress Site - September 8, 2016