First off let me say, this is the most amazing honey garlic chicken and veggies I have ever had. I found the original recipe on Damn Delicious and changed it up some. This is probably one of the easiest recipes for those with a super busy lifestyle to make. You literally throw it in the crock pot and go! When you get home, you feel like you are having a gourmet meal!
You do not have to sauté or cook the chicken (like many other recipes call for). This is one of my to-go meals on a weekly basis. The chicken is fall off the bone tender and juicy!
6 Bone-In, Skin-on chicken thighs
1 lb Baby Red Potatoes (halved or quartered)
2 lbs Baby Carrots
2 16oz bags Frozen Green Beans
1 Cup Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup of Ketchup
3 tsp of minced garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Wisk all sauce ingredients together in large bowl until mixed well.
- Place chicken thighs, potatoes, and carrots in a large crock pot.
- Cover with Sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours until done. Baste chicken and veggies every couple of hours (if possible).
- 30 minutes before it is ready, boil frozen green beans according to package and then add to crock pot. Baste chicken and veggies and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!